To speed up the healing process, we strongly suggest following the instructions outlined below. However, it is perfectly normal to experience some discomfort and swelling after surgery.
Two appointments are needed to install crowns or bridges. During your first visit, we make an impression of the teeth to be replaced. Then, we install temporary crowns or bridges to protect your teeth until the replacement teeth are ready.
On the day of the procedure
- Take the medication prescribed to you, as needed
Things to avoid
- Do not drink hot liquids when you’re under anesthesia
- Do not eat sticky or hard foods (chewing gum, candy)
- Chew on the other side of your mouth
Starting the day after the surgery up until you’re fully healed
- Brush your teeth as you normally would, but be careful when flossing so that the temporary crown doesn’t fall off
- If the temporary crown comes off, come and see us so that we can cement it back into place. The purpose of the temporary crown is to prevent other teeth from moving and ensure that your permanent crown can be installed properly.
If you experience pain or have questions, call us at 514 907-7525